Decorating your new home?
Moving to a new place, even if it is within the same city, might be for many of us, something really challenging, and might involve as well, many unexpected , nice, funny, scary, terrifying , novel and for sure a full discovery of ourselves.
Going to a new place is the perfect chance to discover things you love, and adopt new habits and routines. Maybe a fresh start for many!
In our previous blog we shared with you some tips and recommendations for your next turnover and moving. But, what’s next?
Let’s think about your first day at your new place, quite exciting isn’t it?
First, you must make sure that everything is cleaned and ready to use; at least your bedroom, bathroom and essential kitchen items must be ready. Please notice that this also applies for offices! Have you experienced moving to a new office and didn’t find anything? For sure, the first day you will lose a lot of time, trying to figure out where the copy machine is, or where your colleagues are now. Because of this, we suggest you to pack separately essential items.
Now is time to think where to put all your stuff and make your place look good. Most of people, usually don’t think about this prior to schedule their moving service, and then they figured out that their old furniture doesn’t match with their new place, or doesn’t identify them anymore, and they need urgently a change.
Besides a delay in getting your place ready and beautiful, it will imply some additional costs to your new furniture, such as hiring someone to paint, maybe staying somewhere else during a couple of days, and definitely, hiring someone to clean after construction or/and painting.
Due to the above, we suggest you to plan in advance your moving and have a deep look to your new place and decide which new look you want!
How to decide how to decor your new place?
- Figure out what type of décor you like. Remember that using the same internal décor of exterior, is usual but it is not a rule.
- Use Pinterest, specialized magazines and movies, will be a useful source of ideas.
- Prioritize and make a plan. Establish a budget for each room and the order in which you are going to take care of the décor plan.
- We suggest you to identify areas that require more attention.
- Once you identified which rooms and the type of décor you like, go shopping and choose first the largest piece of the room (Make sure of your room’s measures first). Take advantage of the store’s low cost design consultations.
- Don’t’ hurry in shopping, research and take your time.
- Repaint your walls in a color of your choice. Once to change the color of them, you will see an immediate change!
- Once you are spending more time at your new place, you will identify what accents, carpets, flowers and other accents you want to include. And you might want to include some seasonal décor items.