How to keep your home clean with pets?
According to a recent survey published by Statista “Number of U.S. pet owning households by species 2019/20” https://www.statista.com/statistics/198095/pets-in-the-united-states-by-type-in-2008/), “over 63 million households in the United States owned at least one dog according to a 2019/20 pet owners survey, making them the most widely owned type of pet across the U.S. at this time. Cats and freshwater fish ranked in second and third places, with around 42.7 million and 11.5 million households owning such pets, respectively”
Definitely, we all love pets! But How to keep your home clean?
Architectural Digest https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/cleaning-house-with-pets
Shares some ideas on how to have a clean home when you have pets, even if with a non-shedding pet, you might need an extra effort to keep your home tidy and clean.
- Make all your rugs indoor-outdoor rugs and use carpet tiles! If there’s an accident, it is easier to replace one tile, instead of changing all! Place them at your pet’s favorite places.
- Coat surfaces in dark paint. Dark paint will help you to hide smears, Make sure your surfaces are easy to wipe down.
- Want your pet’s food dish spot-free? Spray your pet’s food bowls with cooking spray
- Get some latex gloves to get rid of pet hair. The fur sticks to the gloves!
- Add shaving cream to your cleaning supply kit. Apply shaving cream (not gel) on the stain, wait for a couple minutes and remove!
- Stock up on cheap decorative throws. Use 100 % cotton or an acrylic- cotton blend cozy blankets. They can help you to protect your furniture
- Always have an emergency cleaner on hand: Half water, half white vinegar and a drop of dish soap. This is a pet safe cleaning agent.
Modern dog Magazine also suggests:
- Keep your dog’s nails trimmed and prevent marred hardwood floors or scratches in your furniture.
- Use a good quality doormat, this will help you to catch a lot of dirt as your pet passes by.
- Wash your dog’s feet, especially on days with inclement weather.
But what about painting and pets?
It is time to make an extreme makeover to your place, how you should protect your pet?
As possible, remove it from the house or keep it in a secure room. Keeping him away, will maintain him safe from eating any supply, fumes or running away due to strange noises.
If suddenly you notice any unusual behavior like tremors, lack of coordination, difficulty breathing, Call you immediately your vet and provide the names on what he might have ingested.