What goes first: Organizing or cleaning?
At Sueep we strongly believe that along with discipline, commitment, and organization you will succeed in any endeavor. Why it is important to organize and declutter your spaces to increase your wellbeing?
Organization is different from cleaning? Yes it is! In a matter of fact, they are quite different, but they complement each other. They have a very close relationship.
But what to do first?
According to Aim4Order, professional organizing experts; you should get rid of clutter first in order to be able to organize and clean.
“Cleaning is when you remove dirt by using tools such as a vacuum cleaner, scrub brush, mop or broom. Using sudsy water to wash dishes, scour a bathroom or clean windows is cleaning. Dusting and laundry are also cleaning activities. If you were to hire a professional, you would hire a maid or cleaning service to do this for you.”
“Organizing is when you sort through your belongings and implement systems to make real changes in how you keep your home and life. You may put belongings in a closet in an organized way, making the best use of the space. Getting organized can also be rearranging your pantry or kitchen cabinets so that everything is easier to find.”
I couldn’t agree more with these definitions!.
How many times have you asked yourself: Do I really need a lot of this stuff? Theartofsimple.com in its “The powerful difference between organizing decluttering” shares (for me) a very powerful statement:
“Living with less trumps organizing, because organizing is temporary”
For a successful cleaning and organizing we suggest you the next steps:
- Choose a room to start. Make a plan and schedule at least 2 hours for this activity. Trust me, there’s nothing more annoying that leaving this activity undone, and then finding out you have to start all over again!
- Declutter: Ask yourself, ¿Do I really need this? ¿When was the last time I used it? ¿Do I like it now? ¿I will wear it again? You might consider donate or do a garage sale!
- Remove all those things, you have decided to keep and do a deep cleaning inside your closet, cabinets, etc. Don’t forget to vacuum of needed.
- Organize! As said before, implement a system that improves your life. We suggest you, prior to organize things, to analyze your daily routine, and identify what you want to improve.
- Set up a schedule to do it often.
If you don’t have much time, or don’t know how to do it, ask us! We will love to help you to keep your home and businesses clean and tidy!.